Job no: 497714AB
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We require an Open Pit Mine Surveyor to join the Technical Services Team at our Cape Preston Operation. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, this is a permanent position offered on a 8/6 roster, FIFO from Perth.
The incumbent will support the mine operations team by providing the following surveying activities:
- Carry out daily and weekly survey pickups and set outs as required
- Establishment and maintenance of open pit survey control and processes
- Provide survey support for all technical services and other project work as required
- Reporting of volumes and end of month figures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure prism monitoring is carried out continuously and safely
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- A qualified Mine Surveyor with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Open pit mining experience and knowledge of Vulcan Envisage software.
- The ability to use Scanners and UAVs to carry out Survey tasks would be an added advantage.
- Personally you will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- A current WA Manual Drivers Licence is essential.
- A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend