Job no: 497734LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
The Procurement Officer is required to provide stock and direct purchasing support to the operation and project in the most cost effective and efficient manner taking into account value maximisation and risk management. This role includes assisting the end users develop concise business case founded scopes of supply to accurately and precisely define needs and expectations.
The role actively contributes to educate and influence stakeholders within CPM's operational departments so that they develop and maintain excellent Procurement and P2P habits.
- Provide a dedicated purchasing service to support Site and Perth based departments
- Liaise directly with site customers, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Liaise internally to promote process efficiencies within the procurement process
- Promote and ensure that CPM Procure to Pay Policy and Procedures are followed
- Innovative and willing to challenge the norm
- A high level of accuracy in the checking and processing of purchase orders
- Recommend sources for supply of goods and services and obtains quotations for approved requisitions
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality of goods purchased meets required standards
- Prepare orders for goods and services in accordance with approved procedures
- Place orders for approved requisitions of goods and services at the optimum price after considering quality, quantity and delivery requirements
- Monitor delivery requirements to ensure they conform with operational schedules and plans
- Expedite outstanding orders
- Investigate invoice discrepancies relating to all orders.
- Procure to Pay Processes
- Commercial principles
- Experience using SAP 4.6 or a similar ERP System
- Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Team and Outcome focused
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Sound workload planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Fosters innovation and continuous improvement in processes
- Excellent Time Management with the ability to work under pressure and cope with time constraint
- Minimum 5 years procurement experience with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role of at a large scale mining operation or similar.
- ERP (in a Supply Chain context)
- SAP or Similar ERP System Experience
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend