Job no: 497753LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
The Inventory Officer administers and maintains inventory master data and performs associated duties, including reporting, consistent with CPM policies, processes and guidelines. Creation, maintenance and reporting on inventory records is performed together with monitoring, analysing and optimisation of CPM’s inventory.
The role contributes to and reports on the achievement of inventory service level targets whilst maintaining a sensible balance between stock availability and cost.
- Cataloguing and maintenance of CPM Master Data
- Support Supply efforts to ensure inventory is available where and when it is required to satisfy business objectives and that service levels are matched to CPM appetite for investment in inventory (capital cost), carrying costs and receipting costs
- Apply cataloguing short text consistently and accurately (in line with established CPM standards)
- Ensure all hazardous items for stock are recorded for site use in Chem. Alert before cataloguing
- As Subject Matter Expert (SME) respond to enquiries and support departmental stakeholders
- Continuously monitor, analyse and optimise inventory (parts and consumables) availability, reorder points, min/max levels, economic order quantities, lead times, storage conditions, purchasing groups and vendor and or manufacturer details
- Review and optimise inventory levels to ensure they are current with operational requirements while keeping stock holdings to a minimum
- Assist and work with Asset Management to identify and communicate obsolete and potentially obsolete stock (including stock associated with obsolete assets) to relevant department stakeholders
- Assist with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Produce and distribute cataloguing and master data maintenance reports as required
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of inventory policies, procedures, guidelines and training material
- Follow, encourage compliance with and propose/contribute improvements to policies, processes and guidelines related to CPM's inventory management activities
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of inventory management systems and processes
- Good knowledge of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Materials Management (MM) and integrated modules. e.g. Planned Maintenance (PM)
- Knowledge of Cataloguing standards and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of materials Master Data maintenance principals and requirements
- Good understanding of procurement and warehouse principles, methodologies and systems of work.
- Inventory optimisation principles, MRO analytics and related enterprise software packages
- ChemAlert or similar tools/processes associated with management of hazardous goods.
- Excellent numeracy, written & verbal communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Sound workload planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Confident interacting with peers and operational stakeholders
- Able to work unsupervised
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (charting, conditional formulas, pivot tables and lookups).
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in an MRO environment and/or the mining industry
- Experience in using a ERP system (in a Supply Chain context).
Certificate or qualification in supply chain, warehousing and/or inventory management.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend