Light Vehicle Auto Electrician
Job no: 497754AB*
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Light Vehicle Auto Electrician to support our Site Support Services team. This permanent position is offered on a 2/1 roster (7 nights, 7 days, 7 off) FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Light Equipment, this role will assist with the maintenance and repair of light vehicles, Gen Sets, Pumps and other ancillary light equipment as required. Daily tasks will include a safety first approach towards to diagnosis and repair of auto electrical associated components in 12 and 24 volt charge system, air conditioning, radio and accessory fitment and electrical diagnosis CAN BUS faults, Emission control systems faults, Wiring Loom re-manufacturing and replacement .
We are looking for a multi-talented Australian Recognised Auto Electrical tradesperson with a safety first mindset who takes pride in their work and enjoys working hard in a small close team.
If this sound like you and you are looking for a long term career we strongly urge you to apply and become our next team member.
- Current WA drivers licence (HR licence is desirable)
- Cert III Automotive Electrician Trade Certificate
- ARTIC accredited licence
- Own hand tools
- Heavy Vehicle Road Transport experience;
- Forklift ticket;
- EWP ticket;
- Automotive air conditioning licence;
- Working Safely at Heights ticket;
- Dogging and Rigging ticket;
- SAP or Equivalent experience will be beneficial.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend