Mine Services Technician
Job no: 497769AB*
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking Mine Service Technicians to support our Dewatering team. These roles report to the Supervisor – Mine & Maintenance Services and are offered on a 2/1 Dayshift roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Installation, removal and maintenance activities on diesel pumping systems and associated equipment
- Fabrication (Poly Welding) and installation of pipelines and components for mine dewatering systems
- Daily checks and readings
To be successful in the role you will have:
- 3 years’ experience in open cut mine dewatering
- A current HR Licence is an essential requirement (HC Licence advantageous)
- Poly welding Ticket is an essential requirement
- HRWL – Dogman, Rigging, C6/Franna Crane and Forklift would be advantageous
- Front End Loader and Telehandler tickets would be advantageous
- Chainsaw ticket and experience would be advantageous
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend