Job no: 497832AJ
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
CPM is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for
We’re seeking a driven Maintenance Electrician to support our Port Operations team. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 FIFO continuous roster (7 nights, 7 days, 7 off) FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The servicing, repair and maintenance of plant equipment (Stackers, Barge Loadout, Reclaimers, Shiploaders, Conveyors, Transhipper, Water Pumps, and Sample Stations)
- Isolations, HV and LV and exposure to permit to work systems
- Conducting inspections and adjustments utilising skills and test equipment
- Conducting and controlling the field service of fixed Plant equipment
- You will also have the ability to supervise apprentices and contractors as required.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A strong commitment to safety
- Current WA “A” electrical licence
- Experience with LV electrical distribution systems
- Experience with fault finding on basic control systems and PLC’s
- Relevant and recognised Electrical trade qualifications
- Experience and competency with HV switching activities
- Working at heights and Confined space qualifications
- EWP high risk work licence
- Competent user of computerised maintenance management system (SAP)
- Familiar with Citect SCADA
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience as an Electrician in a fixed plant.
- Self motivated with a positive attitude and be able to work within a small team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Good attitude to personal safety.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- An understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental procedures.
Qualifications / Certificates
- Electrical trade qualifications, preferably with experience in a Mining or bulk Port Operation.
- Current MSIC holder or have the ability to obtain.
- Forklift operators certificate
- Elevated work platform certificate
- Experience with programmable logic controller e.g. Allen Bradley Control logics and
- Exposure to Siemens harmony drives.
- Experience with HV switching and switching programs with a current qualification.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend