About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
CPM is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for
Reporting to the Land Maintenance Supervisor the position of the Fixed Plant Maintenance Fitter involves the ability to work as part of a small, close knit team to regularly undertake servicing, repair and maintenance of all Mechanical and rotating plant and equipment at the Port. This will involve using your experience and skill to conduct thorough inspections to a high standard on a daily basis and raising notifications within SAP to have defects repaired in a timely manner.
This position requires the candidate to be competent in conveyor operation and maintenance, Reclaimer / Stacker / Barge loader operation and maintenance and be able to understand and follow the CPPC site isolation procedure at all times.
At times this role will also require the candidate to perform Mechanical fault finding and repairs on ocean going vessels such as the Crew Transfer vessels and Transhipper whilst alongside the wharf or at sea.
Strong diagnostic and fault finding skills are essential to be successful in this role. Knowledge and experience in Hydraulic systems, lubrication systems and Maintenance experience in a large bulk port loading facility are highly desirable.
- Support production targets by optimisation of equipment availability by ensuring all area mechanical equipment is maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
- Respond to operational stoppages during operations.
- Enter SAP time confirmations.
- Create SAP maintenance notifications.
- Review safe work procedures on a regular basis.
- Undertake the role of Area Owner / Company Representative during shut down periods taking responsibility for co-ordination of onsite Contractors.
- A strong commitment to safety
- Experience with automated lubrication distribution systems
- Experience with fault finding and repairs to complex hydraulic systems
- Experience and competency with conveyor systems and tracking
- Competent user of computerised maintenance management system (SAP)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and be able to work within a small team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good attitude to personal safety.
- An understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship trade experience in a mining or bulk port materials handling facility
Qualifications / Certificates
- Engineering Tradesperson – Fitter / Machinist
- Current Western Australian “C” Driver’s License.
- High Risk License DG (Dogging)
- Current MSIC holder or have the ability to obtain.
- Current Western Australian “HR” Driver’s License
- High Risk License CN (Non Slewing Crane)
- High Risk License CV (Vehicle mounted crane, HIAB)
- High Risk License EWP (Elevated Work Platform)
- High Risk License FL (Forklift)
- High Risk License BR (Basic Rigging)
- Safe working at Height Certification
- Confined Space Entry Certification
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com