Operator - Port
Job no: 497894AJ*
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About Citic Pacific Mining
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CPPC is seeking to employ a suitable skilled person who has experience in a production environment operating large Excavators/Diggers or Stackers and Reclaimers to support the Port Production team based at Cape Preston. This is a permanent full time role, FIFO from Perth on a 2/1 continuous roster.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Supervisor – Port Production, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Daily inspections on land and marine based assets & fixed plant
- Operate both bulk material handling equipment, fixed plant and mobile equipment, including but not limited to Excavators, Skidsteer Loaders, Forklifts, Front end loaders, EWPs, Telehandlers, Stackers, Reclaimers, Control room, Barge and Ship loaders
- Working on the Transhipper operating E-Cranes.
- Participate in ship mooring and loading activities
- General plant maintenance and cleaning
- Constant liaison with production personnel to achieve daily production goals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a good attitude towards safety and sound computer knowledge. We are looking for an excellent communicator who can work well under pressure and has a can-do attitude.
- A current WA C Class Drivers Licence and ability to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) are essential for the role.
- Experience operating Excavators/Diggers or Stackers and Reclaimers.
- Prior knowledge of bulk port operations
- Knowledge of Port Operating Procedures
- Ideally you would have some exposure to bulk port operations, ship berthing, shiploading, stacking, reclaiming, sample preparation.
- Current or previous marine experience
- A current WA HR Drivers Licence
- Experience on mobile equipment operations ie: front end loaders and skid steers.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend