Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100km Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We are seeking a driven Boilermaker to support our Heavy Machinery Equipment team on a 2/1 continuous shift roster FIFO from Perth to our site at Cape Preston.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining all mobile plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing all preventative maintenance scheduled checks and adjustment of equipment.
- Complete planned and unplanned mobile plant maintenance including servicing and repairs.
- Completing a range of the usual multi-skilled tasks associated with the trade.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees as required.
- Adhering to company policy and procedures.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Engineering tradesperson qualification – Fabrication (Boilermaker/Welder)
- A minimum of 3 year’s post-trade experience on Heavy Mobile Equipment
- Basic knowledge of using Innershield and Outershield Welding wire
- Current WA HR drivers licence is essential
- High Risk Licence containing FL, EWP, DG, CS as well as a WAH ticket is essential
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career progression
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com