Job no: 498051LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Categories: Para Professional
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Payroll Officer to join our Perth based Human Resources payroll team.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Payroll & HR Administration, this role is responsible for the preparation and administration of monthly payrolls and associated payments and the preparation of payroll reports as required in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
The main responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- End to End payroll processing;
- Prepare termination calculations and payments;
- Administer leave (bookings and entitlements);
- Administer PAYG and Payroll Taxation reporting and coordinate payments;
- Administer Superannuation payments and records with company superannuation provider;
- Preparation of Payroll EFT files;
- Administer reporting and payments to company salary packaging provider;
- Administer reporting and payments to relevant Government Departments Assist employees with payroll queries;
The successful candidate will be required to have a minimum of 3 years’ Australian payroll experience on a HRIS, preferably SAP/HR. They will be required to have advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Office, and specifically in Excel. The candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with internal customers and stakeholders, as well as external customers and government agencies. They will have to demonstrate they have the ability to work independently and be flexible to perform all payroll and administration duties, together with the ability to work under time pressures to meet payroll deadlines.
- A copy of all current qualifications must be provided at the time of interview.
- Financial and Commercial background checks will be required for successful applicants as this is an entrusted position.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend