Supervisor - Marine Maintenance
Job no: 498067AJ
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
CPM is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for years to come.
We’re seeking a driven Supervisor to support our Marine Maintenance team. This permanent position is offered on a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Maintenance, you will be responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the land based marine assets. Marine equipment/assets including barges, crew boats and other general service and auxiliary vessels and equipment and liaison and support of the maintenance activities on board Transhipper and Tugs.
This role includes leadership of the Marine Maintenance teams, ensuring ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, and improvement of marine operations and asset performance.
This role will include ensuring statutory compliance with:
- MSIR 5.10 (4) and MSIR 5.18 (1)
- SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, ISM Code, Flag/Port State Marine Orders, Classification Society rules & regulations, HSEQ policies and procedures and ensuring the safe operation of the marine assets and equipment through intimate knowledge and prior experience
To be successful in the role you will have:
Qualifications / Certificates
- Boilermaker or Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification
- 3 years Supervisory experience
- 5 years’ experience in marine maintenance fields
- Certificate IV in Front Line Management
- SAP experience
- Elevated Work Platform Licence
- Working at Heights qualification
- Confined Space Entry qualification
- English proficiency with computer skills
- Current WA Manual Drivers License
- Current MSIC holder or have the ability to obtain
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend