We’re seeking a driven and experienced Contracts Specialist to join our Perth-based Contracts team. This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis. Although this search is primarily for an experienced Contracts Specialist, we are open to negotiating a Senior Contracts Specialist role with applicants who can satisfactorily demonstrate requisite experience and qualification befitting such a role.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Lead Contracts Specialist, you will be involved in the development and ongoing management of key commercial and contracts activities within an assigned contract portfolio. You will contribute to and help develop comprehensive and robust "go to market" strategies and tender methodologies for each end user requirement.
You will also assist with the development, implementation and management of procurement and contracting strategies to ensure the timely and successful delivery of goods, services and works (projects) to meet the company's maintenance, production and capital project requirements and objectives.
We seek applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who possess demonstrated skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience as a contracts specialist or equivalent, preferably gained within the resources sector;
- Experience with the development, sourcing and management of mining and/or heavy mobile equipment related contracts (including but not limited to the procurement of services, goods, equipment and facilities);
- Experience with the development, sourcing and management of site-wide labour hire services and equipment hire related contracts;
- Experience in the development of sourcing strategies, tendering including conduct of tender clarifications/negotiations/evaluation, drafting of contractual clauses to suit final negotiated positions, drafting of general commercial documentation and, facilitation of general commercial/contractual requirements in post-award period;
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiations, including cost savings, dispute/claim resolution and managing contractor and internal stakeholder relationships;
- Demonstrated success in achieving best value and commercial outcome throughout a contract life cycle;
- A solid understanding of principles of contract law, and the ability to properly and adequately identify, allocate and manage risks and exposures;
- Committed to the achievement of individual, team and company objectives consistent with agreed values and behaviours in a customer-service focused environment;
- Previous experience with ERP-based contract management systems and procure-to-pay processes.
A Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting, Commerce, Engineering or related disciplines is a desired requirement for the position as is experience with SAP's Ariba Contract Management Solution. SAP experience is not required but may be useful from time to time.
You will have a good grasp and awareness of critical commercial and legal risks, and be able to identify, eliminate and/or minimise and manage these risks to an acceptable level. You will have the ability to think on your feet, and give effective practical advice and propose practical solutions, in a highly dynamic environment.
You will be proactive, operate effectively and efficiently in a team environment, and independently without supervision.
Proficiency in the Chinese language is not mandatory, but may be useful to engage with particular internal stakeholder groups.
Examples of Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Provide commercial input for the development of sourcing strategies;
- Prepare tender packages and contractual documents;
- Manage the tender process, facilitate the evaluation of tender proposals and conduct all commercial negotiations whilst ensuring probity is maintained during the tender process;
- Prepare / present contract award recommendations and compile formal contract documentation;
- Award and administer contracts in compliance with CPM policies and procedures;
- Manage contractor and internal stakeholder relationships and monitor contract performance;
- Investigate and seek early resolution to tendering and contracting issues or disputes;
- Identify and create opportunities for cost reduction and value adding when entering into supplier arrangements; and
- Liaise with Senior Management, site-based Production / Maintenance Departments, Legal Department, Finance Department and other Contracts Department personnel, to facilitate outcomes for contract-related matters.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- A covering letter addressing your suitability and experience with the formation and management of resource related contracts is preferred to progress for this role.
- A copy of all current qualifications, licences and certificates must be provided on request.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position. Direct applications are welcome to apply.
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com