Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100km Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Senior Advisor – Approvals & Compliance to support the organisation in the Environment & Sustainability team with identifying, preparing, and submitting environmental related approvals and ensuring their compliance.
This is a great opportunity to join a world class company on one of the largest and most diverse operation in Australia. The role will be permanent full-time based in Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Provision of advice and support to CITIC Pacific Mining and Cape Preston Port Company to identify and facilitate environmental approvals to support all operations.
- Project management of State (Western Australia) and Federal government environmental related approvals.
- Assist in maintaining the EMS (environmental management system).
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the approvals is maintained across the operations.
- Support corporate level liaison with government regulators on environmental approvals and compliance requirements.
To be successful in the role you will possess or demonstrate:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management/ Science or similar.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years relevant mining approval experience.
- Good understanding of the State & Federal Environmental legislative framework and State agreement framework.
- Demonstrated written knowledge of environmental approval documents.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including the MS suite, experience with EnviroSys will be highly regarded.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What We Offer
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- Career progression and industry training programs.
- Life and salary continuance insurance.
- Salary packaging options.
- Subsidised gym membership for Perth office employees to The Vault Gym.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately.
- We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com