Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100 km southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine, serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are amongst the largest in the State.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Procurement Officer with exposure to the Asia Pacific supply market to join our Perth based Commercial team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be involved in sourcing and day-to-day purchase order creation and management activities within an assigned portfolio.
Together with your strong P2P and SAP knowledge, you will have a in depth understanding of the importance supplier selection plays in ensuring value maximisation. The role actively helps educate and influence internal stakeholders to maintain excellent Procurement and P2P habits.
Examples of Day-to-Day responsibilities
- Provide a dedicated purchasing service to support Site and Perth based stakeholders
- Identify and recommend sources for supply of goods and services from various Asia Pacific markets
- Identify and create opportunities for cost reduction and value adding when entering into supplier agreements
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality of goods purchased meets required standards
- Place orders within SAP for goods and services at the optimum price after considering quality, quantity and delivery requirements
- Monitor delivery schedules and liaise directly with site customers, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies.
We seek applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who possess demonstrated skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Previous experience with SAP material management systems or similar ERP solution
- Experience as a Purchasing/Sourcing specialist or equivalent, preferably gained within the resources sector
- Proven experience in executing Procure to Pay processes and procedures
- Experience in implementing and managing sourcing strategies in line with commercial principles to achieve best value and positive commercial outcomes within Procure to Pay process
- Committed to the achievement of individual, team and company objectives consistent with agreed values and behaviours in a customer-service focused environment
- Sound workload planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- High Attention to detail.
A tertiary qualification in procurement, supply chain, business, finance, or related fields is highly desirable.
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com