Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100kms Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
CITIC Pacific Mining is seeking an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join our Site based team on a permanent 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth.
Join a team of safety professionals and be support by likeminded people. You will be responsible for the provision of health and safety advice, assistance, guidance and support to line management and employees at Sino Iron.
You will have:
- Cert IV Work Health & Safety
- Excellent working knowledge of the WA WHSA & WHSR and associated codes of practice, guidance notes and Australian Standards
- Experience in the Mining or Resources Industry
- ICAM experience desirable
- Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Current Drivers licence.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Assist with the development of CPM HS Plans. Undertake effective workplace inspections and risk assessments as required.
- Facilitate or provide input and support and oversight for incident investigations confirming timely completion, root cause analysis and SMART corrective actions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Cintellate and the Fatality Risk Management program.
- Provide H&S input to JHEA's and risk assessments.
- Provide assistance to work teams in hazard and risk identification and preparation of JHEA's and or TBRA's.
- Conduct HS related audits, workplace inspections and safety interactions.
- Conduct regular reviews of HSMS documents to identify improvement opportunities.
- Attend CPM department leadership and employee/contractor pre-start and toolbox meetings.
- Provide coaching, advice and support to operational departments on health and safety matters.
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- Career progression and industry training programs.
- Life and salary continuance insurance.
- Salary packaging options.
- Access to the Alliance Airlines Lounge.
The village features three gyms, a swimming pool, multi-purpose sports courts, a retail store, tavern with beer garden, dining, and recreation room.
Take advantage of the free Wi-Fi internet access to all rooms, in-house entertainment with FOXTEL and a regular schedule of entertainers including bands and sporting professional.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately.
- We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com