Trainer - Operations & Safety
Job no: 497023MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Trainer - Compliance (Operations & Safety) to support our Technical Training team based at our Cape Preston operation on a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Facilitating on site Health & Safety training for CPM employees and Contractors in accordance with company and legislative standards
- Coordination of training events,including shutdowns and permit to work training
- Administration of the Learning Management systems
- VOC’s on a range of mobile and fixed plant equipment
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Cert IV TAE or equivalent
- Cert IV in Work, Health & Safety
- Senior First Aid
- Strong knowledge of H&S Management system requirements including standards and procedures
- Working knowledge of AQTF, WA OS&H Act & Regulations and WA Mines Safety Inspection Act and Regulations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and LMS’s is essential
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend