Condition Monitoring Technician
Job no: 497057MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) is currently looking for an experienced Condition Monitoring Technician to work on our fixed plant equipment and marine assets at our Cape Preston Port operations. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth. If you're looking for a role where you can make a difference and continuously improve systems and processes then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Reporting to the Planning & Reliability Superintendent, this position is responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and delivery of Condition Monitoring systems that includes inspection, testing and analysis activities to effectively assess equipment condition to reduce failure rates and improve availability of fixed plant and marine assets.
The successful applicant will be trade qualified or from a reliability engineering background with extensive condition monitoring experience, preferably from a fixed plant background. Your extensive knowledge of maintenance systems is essential, with SAP experience preferred. You will be a natural communicator and eager to drive our continuous improvement culture.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in fixed plant condition monitoring
- Level 1 and 2 Qualification in Vibration (Vibration Institute of Australia preferred)
- Experience with CSI Machinery Health Monitor and CSI 2140 vibration analyser
- A MSIC card is desirable, or the ability to attain one
- Additional qualifications in ultrasonic testing, thermography, shaft alignment and dynamic balancing will also be highly regarded
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend