Mining Engineer - Analyst
Job no: 497077MM
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Australia’s iron ore future.
We are looking for a highly motivated Mining Engineer - Analyst to join our Mining Technical Services team. You will have the ability to analyse all aspects of the Mining Operation’s performance and optimise efforts for improvements. This 18 month maximum term position is offered on a 9/5 roster, FIFO from Perth to site.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Projects, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for data analysis to support data for the annual budget plan. Liaise with our mining consultant to create mathematical models to forecast the fleet performance.
- Championing and supporting the implementation of improvement initiatives within the mine to a stage of sustainable performance and Mine Operations standards.
- Building the cases for, and prioritising opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Supporting Production and coordinating the implementation of technical and operating improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting within the technical services department, to the managers and other internal stakeholders.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a Mining Engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in large scale open pit mining operations.
- Extensive exposure to, and a deep understanding of the open pit mining processes
- Significant experience in strategic mine planning and proven exposure to formal business improvement systems.
- Understanding of planning practices to be able to design and implement workable plans
- Display your ability to plan and schedule safety parallel to mining physicals
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including leadership and customer focus, whilst also maintaining our contractor relationships
- Experience in undertaking mining studies and project work as required
- Proficiency in Vulcan, OPSM, MineStar or other mine scheduling software will be highly regarded
- Quarry Managers Certificate of competency will be highly regarded
- A current “C” class Drivers’ licence is an essential requirement
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend