Daily Mine Operations Planner
Job no: 497166SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We are looking for an experienced mining professional to join the Mine Production team as a Daily Mine Operations Planner, on site at Cape Preston. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 roster (day shift only) FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent - Production, this role is a critical interface between the short and medium term plans and the Mine Operations Production team to achieve production objectives. You will provide accurate data and option analysis whilst liaising closely with operations personnel to communicate the Daily plans to maximise mining production and ensure business targets are met.
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience and knowledge of the principles and execution of Open Pit mining in a large scale, hard rock mining operation. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- Proficiency with Terrain and VULCAN software
- Good knowledge and understanding of product blending practices
- Mine Star experience will be highly regarded
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- Data analysis and coding/scripting or 3 D design software skills are highly desirable
- Current “C” class manual drivers licence
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend