About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Screening Plant Operator to support our Mining team. This a permanent role on a 2/1 Days only roster FIFO from Perth to our site at Cape Preston.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Crushing and Screening, this position will operate and maintain Track mounted Crushing and screening plant and all associated equipment such as stackers and conveyors, while operating a variety of mobile equipment including Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Track Dozers, Haul Trucks and Rock Breakers.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Day to day Operating and running of mobile Crushing Circuit, assisting with the servicing and daily maintenance of the equipment and reporting any defects to the supervisor;
- Liner changes, Screen mat changes, roller changes, bearing changes and skirt replacement;
- The safe Pre Start, operation and running of mobile crushing circuit and associated plant;
- Assisting fitters with liner changes, screen mat changes, roller changes, bearing changes and skirt replacement.
Personally, you will have great communication skills, be a team player and also be able to work autonomously. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team.
To be successful in the role the following skills/experience is required:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant mobile Crushing plant operating experience (ideally Metso);
- Fully competent operating excavators and wheel loaders;
- Experience with minor plant maintenance;
- Front End Loader and Excavator tickets are essential;
- Working at Heights and Confined space tickets are desirable;
- A current WA HR Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au