Job no: 497201SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Boilermaker to support our Heavy Machinery Equipment team on a 2/1 Continuous shift roster FIFO from Perth to our site Cape Preston.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining all mobile plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing all preventative maintenance scheduled checks and adjustment of equipment.
- Complete planned and unplanned mobile plant maintenance including servicing and repairs.
- Completing a range of the usual multi-skilled tasks associated with the trade.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees as required.
- Adhering to company policy and procedures.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Engineering Tradesperson qualification – Fabrication (Boilermaker/Welder)
- A minimum of 3 year’s post-trade experience on Heavy Mobile Equipment
- Basic knowledge of using Innershield and Outershield Welding wire
- Current WA HR drivers licence is essential
- High Risk Licence containing FL, EWP, DG, CS as well as a WAH ticket is essential
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend