Light Equipment Fitter
Job no: 497264AB
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Heavy Road Transport / Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanic to support our Site Support Services team. This permanent position is offered on a 2/1 roster (7 nights, 7 days, 7 off) FIFO from Perth.
Ideally you will have worked on the following equipment:
- Kenworth Volvo Hino Mercedes & Isuzu Trucks
- Drake Freighter and Southercross Trailer
- Cummins and Cat Engines and associated engine electronic control operating systems
- BPW, Meritor and Hendrickson Suspension Systems
- Eaton and Allison Driveline Components
- ThermoKing and Sutrak BUS Air Con
- Truck Air Conditioner Repairs and Servicing
- Road Train experience
- Bendix & Wabco ABS EBS BRAKE AIR systems
- BCI and Toyota Bus
We would like applications from individuals with at least 5 years proven experience as an Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, preferably with road train or heavy road transport experience within a mining or large scale workshop environment. You will need to understand and abide by Mine Site Procedures and Protocols with a safety first attitude.
To be successful in this position, you will have the following:
- Current WA HR drivers licence
- Australian recognised Cert III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanic or Equivalent
- 5 years post trade experience
- Own Hand Tools
- HRWL – Forklift, Dogging, Rigging and EWP
- Automotive air conditioning (ARTIC) licence
- First Aid
- Working Safely at Heights ticket;
- SAP or equivalent experience is beneficial.
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend