Maintenance Technical Officer - CPPC
Job no: 497452AJ
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About Citic Pacific Mining
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
We’re seeking a driven and experienced Maintenance Technical Officer/Administrator to support our Port Operations maintenance team. This role is a permanent position on a 9/5 Roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Organising the day to day implementation and management of maintenance notifications
- Liaise and coordinate with marine maintenance Supervisors, on board & land based maintenance teams to ensure operating & shut down requirements are known, scheduled and implemented for the marine ancillary fleet
- Assisting in day to day general administration tasks as required
- Utilising CMMS (SAP & MPM) to create maintenance notifications, purchase requisitions, search for available inventory and create material reservations
- Prepare and communicate the weekly maintenance schedule for the ancillary fleet
- Engage with external vendors to plan routine maintenance for the marine ancillary fleet
To be successful in the role the following skills and experience is required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administration/planning role within mining, processing or a marine environment.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Proven experience using SAP
- Use of MPM would be desirable, but training will be offered
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Project (preferable)
- Previous FIFO experience will be highly regarded
- MSIC Card is preferable or the ability to obtain one
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend