Principal Audit Data Specialist
Job no: 497526LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
We require a Principal Audit Data Scientist to join our Perth office. If you have the ability to develop and mature CPM’s audit analytics capability, then this could be the role for you. Your passion to create, manage and improve data analytical audit strategies, coupled with your ability to communicate in a clear, concise and actionable manner, will ultimately enable your audit colleagues to work with and leverage data in ways that will deliver enormous value going forward.
Reporting to the General Manager – Internal Audit, you will lead the end to end delivery of data analytics tools and develop audit solutions for providing objective assurance over the effectiveness of operations, reliability of reporting as well as compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies. We would like you to proactively engage with the audit team to understand their needs and identify, propose and deliver innovative audit solutions using data analytics.
We seek applications from proactive and suitably qualified self-starters that have solid / demonstrable experience in a data analytics environment, and a passion for cohesive team work.
You will possess the following:
- Excellent knowledge of :
- Data Analysis and data visualization solutions and tools (Power BI or Tableau);
- Creating Business Objects reports; and
- Writing SQL queries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence and consult with a diverse audience present findings and easily communicate complex ideas;
- Demonstrated high performing team experience;
- Sound knowledge of contemporary trends with particular emphasis on data analytics and cloud computing;
- A background in managing projects, designing and delivering solutions with conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class operation
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
To enable us to process your application simply click on the 'Apply' button.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend