Health & Safety Advisor
Job no: 497631LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor. This role offers exposure to a world class mining project in a positive team with a great dynamics and relationships. This is a FIFO role Perth to Cape Preston on a 9/5 Roster.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent – Health and Safety, and a functional report to operations this role is to provide advice, assistance, guidance and support to line management on all Safety and Health issues relevant to the Sino Iron Project.
On a daily basis, your core responsibilities and tasks include (but not limited to)
- Work with H&S and line management to design the most effective and practical health and safety standards.
- Oversee and implement the effective embedment of the H&S management system.
- Development and implementation of effective and practical health and safety standards aligned to organisation objectives
- Effective championing of health and safety in an operating environment
- Provide guidance and advice to site teams
- Continuous improvement of approach to health and safety
- Well managed investigations with outcomes executed
- Undertake and provide reports on audits and inspections
- Support risk management programs
- Coach and mentor Safety and Health Representatives and Supervision to improve health and safety outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of the WA MSIA & MSIR and associated codes of practice, guidance notes and Australian Standards
- Practical knowledge of WA OSHA and OSHR.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety
- Working knowledge of training requirements in the mining industry
- Knowledge of Mining and Resource practises, relevant Processing Plants and Port Operations
- Facilitate and/or conduct incident investigations utilising ICAM, or demonstrate expertise with similar systems
- Facilitate team based risk assessments
- Strong organisational, report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in the mining or resources industry
- Previous experience and practical implementation of H&S management systems
- Skilled in Microsoft programs
- Current Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend