Mechanical Fitter - Shovel and Digger
Job no: 497810LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for Mechanical Fitters – Shovel and Digger to join our HME (Heavy Mining Equipment) team based in Cape Preston. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 Roster (days/nights), FIFO from Perth.
The purpose of the role
The position of fitter involves the ability to supervise apprentices and servicemen.
Perform the servicing repair and maintenance of shovels and excavators, conducting inspections and adjustments utilising advanced skills and testing equipment. Conduct and control the “field” service and repair on the CPM equipment range
Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the normal trade role as well as in the areas of low voltage electrical and fabrication work to plant equipment, ancillary civil and mining equipment and associated components. Liaise with equipment operators, contractors and staff on minor design related problems of a technical nature. Provide practical and assistance in problem solving in trade related areas. Provide diagnostic skills required to troubleshoot equipment defects.
- The maintenance and repair of plant equipment and related equipment components as instructed. Conducting inspections, adjustments, servicing and repairs utilising advanced trade skills, relevant tools and testing equipment within an acceptable time frame. Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with low voltage electrical and fabrication associated areas on plant equipment
- Complete paper work such as timesheets and work order documentation
- Source and requisition parts as required through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedures
- Credit return parts at completion of the job or task
- Be proficient with all relevant CPM site testing equipment and adopt the correct testing procedures for their use
- Be neat and tidy in appearance and adopt work practices that will provide a clean and tidy workplace at all times
- Conduct technical inspections and job estimations
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of machinery/equipment non-conformance, identify and record any machinery/equipment quality problems
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels. Verify the implementation of solutions, control further non conforming machinery/equipment until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected. Identify and report any safety, environmental or quality issues
- Safety performance for shift
- Environmental and Aboriginal Heritage compliance to policies and procedures
- Ensuring all activities undertaken by employees and subcontractors are carried out in accordance with CPM’s policies and procedures
- WA Mines Safety and Inspections Act and Regulations are to be adhered to and specifically demonstrate duty of care compliance at all times
- Complete hazard report forms for any hazards identified
- Actively promote safe work practices
- Participate and complete Safe Work Observations
- Certified Tradesperson
- Extensive loading tools experience preferably Bucyrus (O&K)
- Class ‘C’ motor vehicle licence or equivalent
- Computing Skills (Technical and diagnostic software)
- Communication skills
- Work Safe License EWP, LF, CN and safe working at heights
- Class ‘HR’ Motor vehicle license
- Cummins experience
- ARTIC accredited for air conditioning
- Advanced trade qualifications conducted by recognised training institutes.
- Elevated work platform certificate
- First aid certificate
- Supervision skills
Technical Competencies & Experience
- Minimum four (4) years post apprenticeship experience in the mining/earthmoving trade area
- Relevant "on or off the job" technical assessment
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend