Leading Hand - Field
Job no: 498019LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Leading Hand for the Field Service to support our HME Maintenance team. This is a permanent position on a continuous shift 2/1 roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Supervision of the tradesmen, contractors and service personnel
- Maintain legible, coherent and accurate service records and documentation relating to parts, work in progress, back-log and maintenance records
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of machinery/equipment non-conformance, identify and record any machinery/equipment quality problems
To be successful in the role you will have:
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role
- An Australian Recognised Trade certificate
- SAP leading hand level user knowledge is highly desirable
- A valid WA HR licence is mandatory for the role
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend