Job no: 498033MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Resource Geologist to join our Geology Team. This permanent position is based in our Perth Head Office on St Georges Terrace.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Geology, the primary role is to create, update and improve both resource and grade control models.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing timely and accurate resource models and estimates within budgetary and time constraints
- Improvement of resource estimation techniques
- Improvement of the grade control modelling system
- Reporting and documentation in line with JORC 2012 reporting guidelines
- Audits and reviews of current resource practices and procedures
- Monitoring and improvement of QA/QC data and procedures
- Monitoring regulatory compliance with respect to mineral resource estimates.
- Providing geological and resource modelling support to operations and development
- Mentor mine geological staff in the understanding and usage of modelling and estimation
- Participating in due diligence reviews
Essential for the role and to be considered, you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications specialising in Geology
- Post graduate studies in geo-statistics will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated prior experience working in an open pit mining environment
- Proven experience modelling in Vulcan and or ISATIS software. Proficiency with SQL and acQuire databases is required
- Meet the 2012 JORC standard of “Competent Person”
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Geology and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in resource estimation
- Demonstrated communication skills to work effectively across the resource drilling and mine geology team
- Experience in operational grade control roles demonstrating an appreciation of model-mine-mill reconciliation procedures
You must have the initiative to use Vulcan and ISATIS software in innovative ways, be self-motivated and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend