Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100km Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
CITIC Pacific Mining is seeking a suitably qualified Hydrogeologist to support our mining team and the project on site at Cape Preston. This is a permanent position offered on an 8/6 roster, FIFO from Perth WA.
Reporting to the Senior Hydrogeologist, you will assist the groundwater and surface water data collection, assessment, and reporting ensuring internal and regulatory groundwater obligations are met. You will also oversee the field works for groundwater investigation programs, including groundwater supply, mine dewatering, mine depressurisation, and groundwater quality assessments.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Practical observations and implementation of mine pit water control, particularly around mine pit sump response and development.
- Pit water observations and documentation.
- Liaison with mine pit dewatering and mine production on pit dewatering and sump development.
- Groundwater and surface water data collection, compilation, interpretation, and reporting.
To be successful you’ll have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hydrogeology, Geology, Engineering or Environmental Applications.
- Practical mine site hydrogeological experience.
- Skills in ArcGIS, Surfer, VULCAN, Aquifer Testing software and SQL databases are desirable.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
- Sound knowledge of groundwater and surface water monitoring systems and equipment, data management and analysis packages/systems.
- An understanding of groundwater investigation programs.
Perks & Benefits
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career progression and industry training programs
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
- Access to the Alliance Airlines Lounge
- Subsidised gym membership for Perth office employees to The Vault Gym
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com