Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100km southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re seeking motivated Bus Driver & Waste-Water Truck Operators based at our Cape Preston operation. This is a 12-month max term contract working a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth. This is a busy role where no two days are the same. Working as part of a large team, the key functions of the role is to ensure passengers arrive at their destination in a timely manner as well as driving a variety of heavy vehicles to maintain the sites waste management requirements.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Logistics, You will be responsible for:
- Scheduled bus runs (airport and local runs as well as runs to our port)
- Supporting the departmental requirements for waste management collection and removal
- Fuel management of the corporate logistic vehicle fleet
- Conducting logistic driver support tasks to all areas of the business
- Facilitating reporting requirements
- Asset Management.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Motivated team player, with good communication skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to work unsupervised
- HR driver's license (F Class Endorsement OR PTD Authorisation is essential) competent in the operation of a manual gearbox
- Minimum of two years truck driving experience as you will be required to drive various heavy vehicles including; Coaches, Coasters as well as Front Lift, Skip and Vacuum Trucks
- Ability to conduct equipment pre-start checks with the confidence to liaise with external waste management contractors on a daily basis
- Applicants must have good physical fitness and be able to work a busy 12 hour shift
- Strong attention to detail as well as time management and organisational skills
- Copies of current licences must be provided at the time of interview
- Sound knowledge and awareness of safety is essential for this role.
- MSIC card
- Hepatitis A and B Immunity
Your FIFO roster will be set to enable you to travel to site the evening prior to your start time. This will ensure you comply with the legislative drivers’ hours rest requirements. Your return flight home will be the day after your last shift.
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career progression and industry training programs
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
- Access to the Aspire Lounge with Alliance Airlines
The village features three gyms, a swimming pool, multi-purpose sports courts, a retail store, tavern with beer garden, dining, and recreation room. Take advantage of the free Wi-Fi internet access to all rooms, in-house entertainment with FOXTEL and a regular schedule of entertainers including bands and sporting professional.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com