Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100km Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
CITIC Pacific Mining is seeking a Senior Environmental Advisor to join the team in Perth, to support our diverse operations from pit to port focussing on Carbon Emission & Climate Change
In this role, you will support the business in achieving sustainable outcomes. Reporting to the Principal Advisor – Climate Change & Sustainability, you will manage data and conduct assessments in greenhouse gas, energy efficiency and sustainability.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Co-ordinate reporting of greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency, compliance and sustainability reports
- Drive continuous improvement in data process, systems and facilitate report automation
- Develop, update and maintain related documentation to support compliance
- Assist in the development and updates of greenhouse gas management plans
- Work with stakeholders to assist in strategy development
- Assess emission reduction and energy efficiency opportunities
- Co-ordinate projects and participate in risk / opportunity workshops
- Keep abreast with emerging issues for carbon emissions and climate change management
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
Job sharing opportunities also welcome.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career progression
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
- Subsidised gym membership for Perth office employees to The Vault Gym
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com