Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) provides the port and marine services to Sino Iron, Australia’s largest magnetite operation.
CPPC offers a sea change lifestyle, with our shallow, purpose-built facility located on the spectacular Pilbara coastline in Western Australia’s north, located 100kms Southwest of Karratha.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) is seeking a Marine Controller to join our Port Production team on a permanent 2 weeks on/ 1 week off continuous shift roster (nights & then days), FIFO ex Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Port Production, this role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Create a daily vessel schedule to optimise the use of available vessels to maximise shipping rates of the port.
- Monitor weather conditions at the Port including liaising with BOM for local water warnings, cyclones and weather forecasts.
- Continually monitor and adjust vessel schedules though the day to account for changes in timings and weather.
- Communicate the daily vessel movement schedule to all stakeholders to ensure understanding and of the critical part of the schedule.
- Monitor and coordinate vessel movements in the Port to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Port.
- Preparing all necessary shipping documentation to ensure compliance to all applicable transportation regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and liaise with external stakeholders during cyclone demobilisation of the vessel fleet.
- Monitoring the security of the Port by identifying and reporting unauthorised vessel entering Port limits.
To be successful in this position you will have or be willing to obtain:
- A current WA Drivers Licence
- Ability to obtain Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- VTS Basic Operator Training.
- Marine Radio Operators Certificate.
- Must have excellent communication, computer and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently working on multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical problem solving and planning skills.
As an employee of CPPC, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- Career progression and industry training programs.
- Life and salary continuance insurance.
- Salary packaging options.
- Access to the Alliance Airlines Lounge.
The village features three gyms, a swimming pool, multi-purpose sports courts, a retail store, tavern with beer garden, dining, and recreation room.
Take advantage of the free Wi-Fi internet access to all rooms, in-house entertainment with FOXTEL and a regular schedule of entertainers including bands and sporting professional.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately.
- We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
As an employee of CPPC, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
About Cape Preston Port Company
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining. CPM is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100kms Southwest of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining, processing, and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at Cape Preston Port Company will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPPC, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPPC, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPPC.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com