Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100 km southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine, serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are amongst the largest in the State.
Provide stock and direct purchasing support to the operation and project in the most cost effective and efficient manner taking into account value maximisation and risk management. Assist end users develop concise business cases to supply with accuracy, based on needs and expectations.
The role actively helps educate and influence stakeholders within CPM's operational departments so that they develop and maintain excellent Procurement and P2P habits.
- Provide a dedicated purchasing service to support Site and Perth based departments
- Liaise directly with site customers, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Liaise internally to promote process efficiencies within the procurement process
- Promote and ensure that CPM Procure to Pay Policy and Procedures are followed
- Innovative and willing to challenge the norm
- A high level of accuracy in the checking and processing of purchase orders
- Recommend sources for supply of goods and services and obtains quotations for approved requisitions
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality of goods purchased meets required standards
- Prepare orders for goods and services in accordance with approved procedures
- Place orders for approved requisitions of goods and services at the optimum price after considering quality, quantity and delivery requirements
- Monitor delivery requirements to ensure they conform with operational schedules and plans
- Expedite outstanding orders
- Investigate invoice discrepancies relating to all orders.
- Procure to Pay Processes
- Commercial principles
- Experience using SAP 4.6 or a similar ERP System
- Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Team and Outcome focused
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Sound workload planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Fosters innovation and continuous improvement in processes
- Excellent Time Management with the ability to work under pressure and cope with time constraint
- Procurement experience in a similar role - at a large scale mining operation or similar.
- ERP (in a Supply Chain context)
- SAP or Similar ERP System Experience
As an employee of CPM, we offer a range of benefits including leave benefits, personal and family benefits, education and training, salary sacrifice options, and lifestyle benefits through preferred suppliers.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging options
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com