Superintendent - H&S Management Systems
Job no: 498818MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
We’re seeking a driven Superintendent - Health & Safety Management Systems to support our Health & Safety team. This is a full time permanent position based in our Perth office and it reports to our General Manager Health & Safety.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading a team of H&S Specialists supporting corporate and site management
- Maintaining our Mine Safety Management System and providing assurance on implementation.
- Maintaining the H&S component of the CDMS and SharePoint including document control, technical writing and ability to mentor other team members.
- Managing the H&S component of SIA360.
- Producing regular statutory reports required to maintain legislative compliance including Quarterly Status Reports.
- Managing data and developing effective means for data extraction, high quality analysis, interpretation and effective recommendations.
- Managing and maintaining the Fatality Risk Management (FRM) program, and facilitate continual review and improvements and to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Developing performance standards and corresponding verification activities in liaison with operational departments to validate critical controls are working as intended.
- Liaising with statutory bodies and assist with visits from the regulators including visiting site and facilitating meetings.
To be successful in the role the following qualifications and experience is required:
- Ideally Degree Qualified within the H&S area or WHS Diploma, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with H&S management systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience within the WHS.
- Experience in the development of safe work process and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant Act’s, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Experience with DEMIRS’s SRS system (quarterly status, occurrence and injury reporting) for statutory reporting.
- Previous experience with SAI360 or a similar program is desirable.
- Experience with report writing, data analysis of statistics and must be able to present information in a group forum (public speaking).
- A background with ISO45001 and developing H&S Management Systems from the ground up would be highly regarded.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend