Job no: 497317SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven Boilermaker to support our Port Operations team.
We are looking for a suitably experienced candidate who has previous experience in the mining/resources sector and experience working on marine vessels.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintain all plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance scheduled checks and adjustment of equipment.
- Complete planned and unplanned plant maintenance including servicing and repair of plant equipment.
- Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the fabrication trade.
- Provide support and assistance to the other tradespersons.
- The ability to supervise Contractors.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Australian Engineering tradesperson qualification – Fabrication (Boilermaker/Welder)
- 5 Years fixed plant maintenance in a mining, marine or heavy industrial environment
- Current first aid ticket
- Ability to weld Aluminium and weld Pipework to a high standard (MIG, TIG and Stick)
- High Risk Licence: EWP, Forklift, Confined Space and Working from Heights tickets (desirable)
- Ability to obtain an MSIC if not a current holder
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement (HR licence is desirable)
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend