Job no: 497532AB
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We require an experienced and motivated Senior Hydrogeologist to support our Mining team on site at Cape Preston. This role is offered as a permanent position on an 8/6 roster, FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Plan, design and implementation of pit dewatering, surplus water management, water supply and surface water engineering.
- Plan, design and implementation of pit dewatering pumps-pipes infrastructure.
- Surface water, pit dewatering and pore-pressure modelling.
- Pit wall depressurisation and monitoring plan, design and implementation in conjunction with the geotechnical engineering team.
- Ongoing operational support for mine dewatering and excess mine water discharge management.
- Plan, design and implementation of contractor supervision for the acquisition of groundwater and surface water data through drilling, testing and monitoring.
- Support for water licencing, reporting and compliance.
- Technical review and reporting.
To be successful in the role you must have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Hydrogeology.
- 5-10 years’ experience onsite in open pit operation.
- Competency in Access Database, PowerBI, FeFlow/Leapfrog, GIS, Aquifertest, AquaChem, Surfer, Excel, and Vulcan software.
- Strong experience in mine operations water management.
- Proven technical capabilities in the areas of groundwater and surface water management.
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
You will be a team player with the ability to work autonomously, possess advanced communication skills (both oral & written) and have excellent time management skills.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend