Mechanical Fitters - Truck & Ancillary
Job no: 497789LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for Mechanical Fitters – Truck & Ancillary to join our HME (Heavy Mining Equipment) team based in Cape Preston. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 Roster (days/nights), FIFO from Perth.
The Purpose of the role
The position of fitter involves the ability to supervise apprentices and trainees.
Perform the servicing repair and maintenance of plant equipment, conducting inspections and adjustments utilising advanced skills and testing equipment. Conduct and control the “field” service and repair on the CPM equipment range
Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the normal trade role as well as in the areas of low voltage electrical and fabrication work to plant equipment, ancillary civil and mining equipment and associated components. Liaise with equipment operators, contractors and staff on minor design related problems of a technical nature. Provide practical and assistance in problem solving in trade related areas. Provide diagnostic skills required to troubleshoot equipment defects.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The maintenance and repair of plant equipment and related equipment components as instructed. Conducting inspections, adjustments, servicing and repairs utilising advanced trade skills, relevant tools and testing equipment within an acceptable time frame. Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with low voltage electrical and fabrication associated areas on plant equipment.
- Source and requisition parts as required through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedures, ensuring that the requisitions are the most cost efficient and timely.
- Credit return parts at completion of the job or task.
- Be proficient with all relevant CPM site testing equipment and adopt the correct testing procedures for their use.
- Be neat and tidy in appearance and adopt work practices that will provide a clean and tidy workplace at all times.
- Conduct technical inspections and job estimations.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of machinery/equipment non-conformance, identify and record any machinery/equipment quality problems.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels. Verify the implementation of solutions, control further non-conforming machinery/equipment until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected. Identify and report any safety, environmental or quality issues.
- Safety performance for shift.
- Environmental and Aboriginal Heritage compliance to plans and procedures.
Qualifications / Certificates
- Indentured and certified Engineering Tradesperson (Mechanical - Plant), (National Qualification Code MEM 30298) OR Automotive Tradesperson (Mechanical – Heavy Vehicle Mobile Plant)
- National Qualification Code: AUR 309 99. This aligns with the Metal Trades Award classification of C8
- Western Australia class HR motor vehicle licence or equivalent
- Computing Skills (Technical and diagnostic software)
- Forklift operator’s certificate.
- Overhead crane certificate.
- Advanced trade qualifications conducted by recognised training institutes.
- Elevated work platform certificate
- First aid certificate
- Supervision skills
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend