Occupational Hygiene Advisor
Job no: 498055LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
Categories: Para Professional
CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced mine site Occupational Hygiene Advisor to develop, implement and monitor the site’s risk based exposure monitoring program.
This is a great opportunity to join a world class mining company on one of the largest and most diverse operation in Australia. The role will be permanent fulltime on an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth.
- Carry out duties as a Ventilation Officer / Noise Officer / technical specialist
- Participate in implementing and improving a broad occupational hygiene monitoring program
- Conduct respiratory and hearing protection fit testing, ensure equipment is in working order, enter results into the SinoOne database
- Train users and sign them off in the use of Powered Air Respiratory Protection (PAPR), Respiratory and hearing fit testing
- Create ventilation plans for Confined Space Entry as required
- Provide advice on hygiene issues to the workforce and advise the Senior Occupational Hygiene Advisor when the expertise required is above own level of knowledge and/or experience
- Undertake daily fibre, noise, dust and other ad-hoc hygiene contaminant sampling and analysis and report result to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Data entry of sampling data into the company hygiene management system (Cority) and external regulatory database (SRS)
- Conduct Field inspection / verification of critical controls for exposure
- Conduct exceedance investigations as and when required Noise/Fibre and internal and external reporting as required
- Ad-hoc management of projects to control dust and fibre or projects to measure effectiveness of implemented controls.
- Undertaking occupational noise surveys as part of the CPM noise management program
- Assist with drinking water management and reporting to internal and stakeholders (e.g. DOH)
- Ensuring all monitoring and measurement equipment is calibrated and maintained
- Delivering and improving training and awareness packages including tool box meetings and/or site inductions
- Applying, developing and improving, occupational hygiene and laboratory systems and procedures
- Undertaking Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Atmospheric Contaminant, Ventilation and Noise audits.
To be successful in the role we seek applications from suitably experienced Occupational Hygiene professionals who have the following attributes/skills:
Thorough understanding of Mining Industry and Occupational Hygiene best practice, relevant legislative obligations, standards, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Able to conduct and interpret atmospheric and noise sampling and surveys and assist departments with implementation of mitigation and control plans
- Able to conduct personal monitoring of all operationally relevant atmospheric contaminants and reporting of results to individuals monitored
- Able to conduct air velocity, noise and light surveys and provide departments with recommendations concerning issues
- Sound laboratory practices and ensuring equipment is calibrated and maintained
- Able to use Electronic systems to maintain and report monitoring records
- Provide information, advice, monitoring and training on hygiene issues as required
- Prepare requested reports in a professional and prompt time frame
- Well-developed computer literacy, planning and organisational skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in occupational hygiene in the resources industry including mining, heavy industry, refineries or consulting
- Experience with working in remote environment for extended periods of time
- Experience with developing strong working relationships with owner mining and contractor companies as well as H&S teams and consultants
- Conducting noise surveys and noise dosimetry.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend