CITIC Pacific Mining is the developer and operator of the Sino Iron project, a world class magnetite processing operation at Cape Preston, 100km south west of Karratha in Western Australia.
An industrial megaproject, Sino Iron is already the largest magnetite mining, processing and export operation in Australia, shipping a premium concentrate product to overseas steel mills. Dedicated infrastructure includes the concentrator area, port facilities, a combined-cycle gas-fired power station, desalination plant and 30km slurry pipeline.
With a mine life of more than 30 years, Sino Iron heralds a new downstream industry for Western Australia, delivering significant socio-economic benefits to the community for decades to come.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to work with our Finance team. This role offers exposure to a world class mining project in a positive team with a great dynamics where opportunities are endless.
The Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Manager – Cost Control, this role is responsible for providing CPM management with reporting and advice on capital investment and operating cost expenditures.
The Senior Financial Analyst will undertake month-end activities and prepare reports to management of costs, develop and administer policies & procedures relating to budget and cost management (both capital and operating), co-ordinate the forecasting / budget process and oversee the administration of the capital expenditure framework as well as engaging in ad-hoc complex value adding projects.
On a daily basis, your core responsibilities and tasks include (but not limited to):
- End of the month process;
- Coordination, development and production of monthly management reports;
- Variance and performance reporting and tracking;
- Develops and administers compliance with budget and cost management and capital expenditure policies and procedures;
- Production of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets;
- Administer the accounting for product stock including survey reviews and Activity Based Costing records;
- Provides training, guidance and support to operations budget owners on budget and cost control including business case and NPV preparation for capital investment, understanding cost reports and variance analysis to manage performance of their business units and understanding the importance of correctly coding costs;
- Provision of ad hoc financial analysis to support business growth and improvement opportunities including undertaking market and industry research and competitor analysis.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum 7 - 10 years' experience in finance/management accounting role
- Experience in Mining/Resource sector
- Accounting Degree
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experienced SAP, Xeras and Business Objects
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with time restraints
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preparedness to accept change and develop new skills and competencies
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'Apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
Direct applications are welcome to apply.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to equal opportunity and believes every employee has the right to carry out their work in an environment that promotes job satisfaction and maximises performance. The strength of the company and its growth plans provides exciting and challenging career and personal opportunities.