About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is looking for a Fitter to join the Maintenance team at our Desalination plant at Cape Preston. This role is offered as a permanent position on a 2/1 roster FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Maintenance, this role will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs and improvements to the desalination plant equipment and systems, in order to provide a safe, reliable and efficient source of water on site.
Based in the desalination plant, this role is crucial to ensuring that the preventative and breakdown maintenance of the equipment is performed in accordance with State and Federal regulations and to actively promote and engage in safe work practices.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform preventative and breakdown maintenance tasks as assigned
- Initiate and implement process improvements as required
- Ensure the availability and reliability of designated items of the plant
- Assist in the documentation of desalination plant services, processes and working procedures
- Actively utilise the SAP Maintenance Management system to ensure the progress of maintenance tasks are continuously recorded and accurate
- Undertake inspections, fault finding and root cause analysis of failures and make recommendations to ensure that repeat failures are minimised
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experience:
- A Mechanical Trade qualification and the ability to read and understand prints such as P&ID, GA and ISO drawings.
- Proven experience in the field of Mechanical maintenance, particularly with rotary equipment is a must for this role.
- Experience of refurbishing pumps and valves will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the water treatment processes, electrical, control and repair knowledge will be highly regarded as will experience in desalination plant safety management systems or other related fields.
You will be a team player with a flexible attitude, willing to up skill yourself if necessary and have the ability to work autonomously. You will possess highly advanced communication skills (both oral and written) and be computer literate (SAP preferred). A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement for the role.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.