Reliability Technical Specialist
Job no: 496723SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Drill Technical Specialist - to support our Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) team. This is a permanent position on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring proactive, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies are installed, carried out and task lists are well maintained and kept up to date.
- Up Skill existing staff with on the job training and informative presentations
- Provide feedback and input into the planning process in order to uphold reliability, including enhancements, modifications or updates that are well communicated and actioned
- Provide quantifiable maintenance strategy improvement recommendations based on historical trends, failure modes, component lives and economic options available
- Collating and preparing information to assist in producing KPI, budget and cost reports
- Manage internal and OEM product improvement programs.
- Conduct / facilitate RCA failure analysis investigations, including component strip-downs and analysis in conjunction with OEM workshops.
- Participate in safety incident reports and investigations where required.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Minimum 7 years Drills experience, specifically Pit Viper 351, SKF 15
- Previous OEM Product Support background is favourable
- Extensive diagnostics fault finding experience
- SAP and Microsoft Office knowledge
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- Mechanical Fitter Trade
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend