Screening Plant Operator
Job no: 496775JK
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people wanting to get or continue to develop their fly in fly out experience, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Crushing and Screening, this position will operate and maintain Track mounted Crushing and screening plant and all associated equipment such as stackers and conveyors, while operating a variety of mobile equipment including Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Track Dozers, Haul Trucks and Rock Breakers. Some of your responsibilities will include – Day to day Operating and running of mobile Crushing Circuit, assisting with the servicing and daily maintenance of the equipment and reporting any defects to the supervisor. Liner changes, Screen mat changes, roller changes, bearing changes and skirt replacement.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- The safe Pre Start, operation and running of mobile crushing circuit and associated plant;
- Carrying out daily maintenance and servicing of the equipment and reporting any defects to the Supervisor
- Assisting fitters with liner changes, screen mat changes, roller changes, bearing changes and skirt replacement.
Personally, you will have great communication skills, be a team player and also be able to work autonomously. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team. This is a permanent role of a 2/1 roster FIFO from Perth.
- Relevant mobile Crushing plant operating experience (ideally Metso);
- Fully competent operating excavators and wheel loaders;
- Experience with minor plant maintenance;
- A current WA Manual Drivers Licence is essential for this position.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to develop and tailor your own project work
- FIFO experience
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend