Job no: 496779SV
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Reliability Specialist to support our Concentrator’s Dry Area team. This position is offered on a 12 month maximum term on a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Effectively working with the operation, maintenance supervisors and engineers to prepare and implement planned maintenance work for crushing plant and overland conveyor system’s equipment
- Implementation and application of the Dry Area minor projects aligned to design plan provided by the engineering team or independent consultant
- Dry Area yard management including material, spare parts, inventory level monitoring and register book updating in line with material movement procedure
- Management of shutdown and outage planning and preparation, with the collaboration of maintenance supervisors and the engineering team
- Development of maintenance and parts descriptions for newly installed equipment
- Regular auditing and monitoring of engineering costs and purchases to ensure they stay within the parameters of the budget and schedule
- Monitor and identify overland conveyor system efficiency improvements in liaison with engineering team
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Australian Recognised Mechanical Trade certificate
- Previous relevant experience within a similar industry
- Experience designing and implementing maintenance plans and schedules
- Microsoft Office and SAP experience
- Mandarin proficiency highly desirable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend