Desal Operation Maintenance Tech
Job no: 496783AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining requires an Operator Maintainer Technician (Electrical) for the Desalination Plant at our Cape Preston site. This role is offered on a permanent basis on a 2/1 roster FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Operations Maintenance, the core responsibilities of this role are:
- Operate and maintain all appropriate plant and equipment etc.
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and installation/commissioning to plant equipment and services so that they may be utilized to their full potential.
- Carry out isolations on all plant equipment including Low voltage and High voltage switching
- Provide and maintain records of time and materials utilized, prepare materials lists, complete and return inspection check sheets, comply with maintenance and service schedules, and report schedule deficiencies.
- Liaise with external suppliers for work related products.
- Actively provide positive input and solve day to day job problems and establish and improve work methods in the course of maintenance and repair work.
- Ensure compliance of the use of Good-To-Go and Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) with all tasks, and assist with Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) when required.
- Comply with standard operating procedures and maintenance schedules and report changes and inconsistencies.
- Ensure the prompt repair of breakdowns to plant as they arise.
- Perform periodic inspections and testing of emergency equipment to ensure equipment is fully functional.
- Participate in all training relevant to the work environment as directed.
- Perform other operational duties as allocated by the relevant Supervisor/Manager
The ideal candidate will have an electrical / instrumentation licence and extensive experience with water treatment processes. You should have a focus on Safety, quality and continuous improvement with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- WA Grade A Electrical Licence
- Experience working with instrumentation (Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control preferred)
- Experience with water treatment processes, electrical, control and repair knowledge will be highly regarded as will experience in desalination plant safety management systems or other related fields.
You will be a team player with a flexible attitude, willing to up skill yourself if necessary and have the ability to work autonomously. You will possess highly advanced communication skills (both oral and written) and be computer literate (SAP preferred). A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement for the role.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend