Job no: 496792SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Technical Trainer to support our Power Station team. This is a site based position on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing on line coaching /skills transfer support to operators.
- Maintain the Training Departments’ risk registers.
- Co-ordination of external vendor training, eg : Electrical Licences, Gas Turbines, etc.
- Provision of selected SME equipment/machinery training/assessment, eg : Dogging, Working at Heights, etc.
- Provision of Compliance/Ticket/License training/assessments, eg : GTA, etc.
- Training administration, ie : all training/assessment documentation, record keeping, compliance/ticket renewal reminders, etc.
- Training of shift trainers in OMT team to extend training capability and capacity.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Cert IV TAE or equivalent
- Intermediate Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of the Mining/Resource industry in particular Power Stations
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend