Senior Mine Planning Engineer
Job no: 496825AA
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join the Mine Technical Services team on site at Cape Preston. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team as a senior professional and get involved in one of the largest open pit mining operations in Australia. This is a full-time role, on a 9/5 roster (day shift only) FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Mine Engineering, you will be involved in production engineering, short term planning functions, providing service and support to the mine operations and leadership team to achieve the CPM business objectives and annual business plan.
To be successful in this role, you will be a degree qualified Mining Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operation. The following skills/experience are required but not limited to:
- You will have expertise in production engineering, fleet management systems and short term planning.
- The ability to use data to assess and advise on operating strategies and tactics to achieve the most efficient and cost effective operating methods
- Effective communicator and motivator of change, championing the implementation of improvement initiatives within the mine to a stage of sustainable performance.
- Solid knowledge of Vulcan software, and Minestar FMS
- A team player with strong leadership skills
- An understanding of Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations
- Current WA "C" class drivers licence
- Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate (desirable).
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend