Port - Operator/Scheduler
Job no: 496826SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven Operator with ship scheduling experience to support our Port Production team based at Cape Preston. These are permanent fulltime roles, FIFO from Perth on a 2/1 continuous roster.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Port Production, in this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Daily inspections on land and marine based assets & fixed plant
- Ship Scheduling activities
- Operate both bulk material handling equipment, fixed plant and mobile equipment, including but not limited to Excavators, Skidsteer Loaders, Forklifts, Front end loaders, EWPs, Telehandlers, Stackers, Reclaimers, Control room, Barge and Ship loaders
- Sampling and Laboratory activities
- Participate in ship mooring and loading activities
- General plant maintenance and cleaning
- Constant liaison with production personnel to achieve daily production goals.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous experience with bulk port operations, ship scheduling, shiploading, stacking, reclaiming and sample preparation.
- Competent in SAP and Microsoft office.
- Experience operating Excavators, Front end loaders and Skidsteers (highly desirable)
- HR Licence, HRWL (LF, WP, DG) and Working at Heights are all beneficial
- Ability to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Marine experience and leadership experience is desirable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend