Supervisor - Logistics
Job no: 496877AA
Work type: Max. Term Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
Categories: Para Professional
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We require an experienced Supervisor - Logistics to join our Logistics and Operational Services team. This key role ensures the safe and efficient, day to day running of the Bus and waste management services across site. The role is on a 2/1 days only roster, FIFO from Perth, on a 12 month maximum term contract.
Reporting to the Manager – Facilities and Logistics, you will be responsible for:
- Management and coordination of all bus schedules and waste removal requirements across site
- Manage day-to-day logistics related tasks for the crew including compliance to all CPM policies and procedures,
- Ensuring all logistics equipment is being operated safely and efficiently
- Perform Safety Inspections and Interactions as required
- Providing training and mentoring to logistics team members
- Assist with bus driving and waste removal services across site as required
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills/abilities:
- Previous scheduling and planning experience
- Good organisational and administrative abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid knowledge and experience of safety procedures is essential for this role
- Applicants must have an HR driver's license (F Class Endorsement is essential) as well as previous heavy vehicle driving experience
A copy of all current qualifications / licences must be provided at the time of interview.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend