About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining requires a Trainer - Professional Development & Leadership to join our Corporate Training team at Cape Preston. This position is on a 9/5 roster, days only roster, FIFO from Perth on a permanent fulltime basis.
A fantastic opportunity as a Trainer - Professional Development and Leadership, to partner with key business units across CITIC Pacific Mining, to design and deliver leadership training programs and valuable business tools for our identified leaders. You will join the high performing Corporate Training team in this newly created position, collaboratively striving for growth and development.
As an exceedingly energetic and passionate individual, you will ultimately be at the forefront of designing, delivering and facilitating the Leadership training model across all business units to develop the capability and confidence of our current and future leaders. Bringing in a fresh perspective and delivering a new leadership model, this opportunity will provide you the opportunity to make the role your own.
The Trainer - Professional Development and Leadership is a site based role that will help drive company values and philosophy through training and content development activities that are strategically linked to the organization’s leadership and development model. Training programs focus on a variety of topics including company culture, values, competencies and management/leadership skills. The role is also responsible for coaching leadership skills in the workplace to all leaders undertaking leadership development and succession planning.
Reporting to the Superintendent Leadership and Compliance, you will be responsible for;
- Working closely with key stakeholders to identify needs, design and deliver programs across the organisation that build capability and succession at all levels,
- Management of multiple program design and development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines,
- Tracking program development life cycles; ensures that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly,
- Designing and delivering programs using a variety of methods including, facilitated and practical workshops, online modules, videos, webinars, for leadership and in-house specific ways of working,
- Working in collaboration, to communicate and promote development initiatives to internal stakeholders,
- Assisting in all phases of the content development cycle, including needs analysis, planning, designing, developing, implementing, evaluating and editing,
- Ensuring all methods of design and delivery are effective, develop capability, change or embed behaviour, and deliver a return on investment.
To be successful in the role you must have a strong focus on safety, be independent and adaptable to a changing work environment. You will also have the following:
- A valid WA "C" class driver's licence
- Minimum of 5 years' demonstrated experience in similar role in delivering in house leadership programmes
- A positive, passionate attitude that will inspire others to achieve key leadership skills, set team goals and work collaboratively,
- Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of in-house leadership programs, including developing contextualised learning programs,
- Prior design and delivery knowledge and familiarity with Leadership programs is essential,
- Ability to work a 9/5 FIFO roster,
- Hold an unparalleled hands-on approach and open to new innovative ways of thinking and communicating,
- Ability to work with the leadership team to determine development needs of all emerging leaders, supervisors, middle and senior management.
- Provide coaching leadership skills in the workplace to all leaders undertaking leadership development and succession planning.
- Partner with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au