Job no: 497040MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking driven Process Operators to support our Concentrator team. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in one of the biggest fixed plant Concentrators in Australia. This role is working on a 2/1 roster FIFO from Perth on a permanent contract.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The overall day to day operation of the concentrator, with a number of routine operating and monitoring tasks.
- Adhere to CPM’s health, safety and environmental policies, procedures relating to work being undertaken in order to ensure their own safety and safety of others.
- Report any safety or environmental incidents, unsafe acts and conditions or near misses to their direct line supervisor.
- To provide assistance and field support to the control room operator and production supervisor to help achieve production goals and targets.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of the concentrator.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the concentrator.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a processing environment.
- Knowledge of permit to work and isolation standards and requirements.
- Crushing experience (Pebble Crusher), AG & Ball Mill and Magnetic separation experience
- Forklift, bobcat and loader operating experience is desirable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend